Tuesday, April 9, 2013

To blog or not to blog...

To blog or not to blog... I keep a journal. But it's my most intimate thoughts and observations. Is that something I want to share with the world?? So blogging is public, journaling is private. ;-) Thats how I'm going at this. When I noticed my last blog was so long ago, I had to read back through them. And then I remembered why I blogged in the first place. I love looking back and seeing where God has brought us. So, I'm going to do a quick recap of the past 2 to 3 years and then try to keep up with this more habitually. After moving into the rental house in TN, where we were to be for a year, we sold our house and bought a new one within six months. For some reason, I had in my head that this was it for us. I had reached genuine contentment and I was good-to-go!! Needless to say, things have changed quite a bit since then. We stayed in our TN home for one year and Robb accepted a new job in Beaufort, SC. (yes, it's beautiful here and yes, it's not here!) While in TN, we decided to "try" homeschooling. Now, we are here, a year into our homeschooling journey and I can't imagine life any other way. We were blessed with a renter on our TN home immediately (literally. Not even a week went in between us leaving and renters moving in.) When God brings you to it, and you follow, he will bring you through it. We have been here in Beaufort for a year this month. We are renting our second rental property since being here, which means we have moved 5 times in 3 years. I feel like a military family. Oddly enough, most all of our friends here are military families and that brings a whole new level to our friendships. Because I know without doubt, they will leave. But to miss out on these friendships due to protecting ourselves would be a huge mistake on our part. These friendships are ones that will be cherished for many years. Anyway, back to homeschooling. We are pretty much in the homeschooling capital, being here in SC. That has been an amazing blessing for our family. Especially considering I didn't really want to move here in the first place. Heehee. The Father knows best for His children. Robb applied for this job here in SC 3 years ago and didn't get it. At the time, I cried and was devastated because I wanted to be here so bad. It was such a beautiful place, a small town, and I knew I wanted to raise our children here. I had a hard time accepting that it just was NOT Gods will (at that time). Now that we are here we all love it. I look forward to and embrace where God will lead our family. We are so happy with our church, with our homeschool co-op, and with our activities here for our girls, now almost 5 and almost 7. I'm really hopeful that a house is in store here for us so that I can again feel settled in our own home. ;-)

1 comment:

Sue Ellen said...

I have been updating my blog today...first visit to it in 1 1/2 years! Then scrolled to see yours....wow! God is amazing....he way is perfect....hope you will blog some more....love you.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kenansville, North Carolina, United States
My name is Candida Wells. I am from the mountains of North Carolina, where I grew up my entire life. After high school, I went to Montreat College, where I immediately met the man of my dreams. We dated for 3 years, then married in 2001. I then moved to Eastern NC, where we have lived since. We were married for 5 years before having our first child. Then two years later were blessed with number 2!